Find your local branch
A suburban house living room, large screen TV, breakfast and flowers in a vase on the coffee table

Alternative Accommodation Cover

A place to stay for your family if the worst happens

At NFU Mutual we believe it's our job to look after you if the unthinkable happens.

That's why should the worst happen we will cover the cost of accommodation for you and your family, and domestic pets. We'll even cover any rent or ground rent due to you if you let your home. 

We'll pay these costs until your home is fit to live in, up to 25% of the insured rebuilding cost or up to £75,000 whichever is more. 

Our buildings insurance is designed to protect against the unexpected:

  • Replacement of locks, safes and alarm systems if the keys are lost or stolen; if they are lost, we'll pay up to £1,000
  • Up to £10,000 for the cost of tracing leaks in water pipes or oil fired heating systems
  • The cost of getting into and repairing the pipe between the main sewer and your home if it is blocked, up to £1,000.
  • Removal of rats, mice, coackroaches, wasps and bees nests, up to £2,000
  • 3 year warranty against the quality of workmanship for building repair works to insured damage carried out by our approved contractors
  • Personal legal expenses up to £50,000 to provide you or your family living in your home with advice and help with the cost of legal representation, including a 24 hour advice helpline. 

Cover you can trust

All of this means we're a Which? Recommended Provider for our standard cover, and why both this and our high value home insurance product come with a 5 Star Defaqto Rating. We also picked up Most Trusted Home Insurance Provider for the fifth year at the Money Wise Customer Service Awards 2017.


Call direct 0808 278 2261 or contact your local office