There are lots of things to consider when it comes to thinking about retirement planning and it's important to take the time to understand the different options you have. You'll also want the peace of mind that you are not paying too much tax on your pension.
Whether you’ve already started accessing your pension money or you’re just thinking about it, it’s worth asking yourself these questions:
- What are my options? Would I like a flexible income, guaranteed income for life, one or more lumps sums or a combination of these?
- How much tax will I pay when I take my money? There is of course the all-important 25% tax-free lump sum which most people will get – but what about the rest?
- Will my pension last my retirement?
- Should I take an income from my pension now?
- What happens to my pension should the worst happen, and I die?
- Will my pension be subject to Inheritance Tax?
How we can help
It can be daunting deciding what to do with your pension pot, but our Financial Advisers have a wealth of specialist knowledge and can answer your questions to bring clarity and focus to your financial goals.
What could financial advice mean to you?
- Feeling confident about your decisions
- Helping you decide which solutions are right for you
- Peace of mind for your financial future
- Taking advantage of pension and investment tax breaks
- Avoiding making hasty, costly, ill-informed decisions
Simply give us a call today on
A member of the team will be able to support you in arranging an appointment to discuss your individual needs either through our non-advised or advised service.
Important things to remember
The value of investments can fall and you may get back less than invested.
The tax treatment of pensions depends on your individual circumstances and may change in the future.
When you contact us we'll explain the advice services we offer and the charges. NFU Mutual Financial Advisers advise on NFU Mutual products and selected products from specialist providers. Financial advice is provided by NFU Mutual Select Investments Limited.
Give us a call
Call us on 0800 622 323 to discuss your personal needs. We're open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.