NFU Mutual

Smallholder Insurance

We cover Smallholdings inside and out

We understand the work you put into your smallholding, from maintaining the land and raising livestock, through to producing goods that can be enjoyed by your family or sold to the public.

Our Smallholder Extension covers land adjacent to or nearby the home, that is used for growing small scale crops or raising livestock flocks and herds.

Designed specifically to protect the risks that come with your activities, our cover can be added simply to your NFU Mutual Home Contents insurance policy.

Peace of mind for your smallholding

  • Outbuildings cover for permanent structures up to £10,000 as standard, where home buildings cover has been taken
  • Cover of contents with selectable limits from £5,000 up to £20,000
  • Employers' Liability cover up to £10m (this includes cover for friends and family who help out on your smallholding)
  • Public and Product Liability up to £2.5m on a Home and Lifestyle Insurance policy (you can increase this if you need more cover) or up to £10m on an NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance policy.

What is a smallholding?

Smallholdings are an essential piece of the patchwork that makes up our great countryside. They are vital to the wellbeing of the farming sector and often enable smaller parcels of difficult land to be farmed effectively in an environmentally friendly way. This benefits the smallholder and the local community.

As the owner of a smallholding, you should consider specialist Smallholding Insurance to help cover some of the associated risks and protect your livestock and crops, property, people and any income generated.

Why have we developed Smallholder cover?

As the UK's leading rural insurer, we're committed to offering products and services that meet the needs of all those involved in agriculture.

Whether you are a smallholder or manage a large diversified farm, we're here to help.


Smallholder Related Articles