Why is NFU Mutual the insurance company of choice for three quarters of UK farmers?
1. We love to pay out. We don’t quibble – we pay out 98% of Farm insurance claims*, making sure you’re looked after should the very worst happen.
2. We’re big on local presence. With a network of over 300 branches nationwide, our Agents meet you face-to-face; get to know you, your family and your farm to understand exactly what you need. This helps to ensure a quick response, when you need us.
3. Our products. We cover all farms great and small, and we regularly review and develop new and existing products inline with what our policyholders and industry specialists tell us.
4. Value for money. We don’t charge for direct debits, mid-term adjustments or cancellations, so you can be sure that when things change in your life, you have our support.
5. Our Mutual Rewards. We reward customer loyalty and farming union membership with an annual insurance discount through Mutual Bonus and exclusive offers with Mutual Advantage – just some of the ways we offer great value for money.
6. Our farming customers are at the heart of everything we do. We deliver first-class customer service that is personal, expert and accessible, every step of the way.
7. Our heritage and your future. Started by farmers, for farmers. With over 100 years’ farming knowledge and expertise we know the industry inside and out. We work closely with, and support, the farming unions to ensure your best interests are protected.
8. Our financial strength. You can be confident that we’re a financially strong organisation.
9. We’re dedicated to keeping you safe. We have established the Farm Safety Foundation and NFU Mutual Risk Management Services Ltd, created to support farmers and improve safety on the farm.
10. Our commitment to farming. Through our business operations and support, we give back to the farming community in lots of different ways, including tackling rural crime and funding agricultural students.
*During 2013 – 2016 we paid 98% of Farm Select insurance claims – based on annual claims settled, excluding claims not pursued by the customer.