Declaration for applicants opening a Select Pension for themselves
We ask all applicants to make the following declarations when applying for a plan.
I apply to become a member of the NFU Mutual Select Personal Pension Scheme and I agree to be bound by the Scheme rules as amended from time to time.
I agree to NFU Mutual Select Investment’s terms and conditions and to pay its fees and charges, as set out in ‘My Investments Guide to Charges’.
I have read the latest Key Investor Information Document and/or With-Profits Investor Information Document for the fund(s) I am investing in.
I agree to the contributions specified in my application.
I confirm that I am eligible to apply for this plan based on the information provided as to relevant UK earnings (normally your total taxable earnings), UK residency or other qualifying criteria.
I confirm that I have been provided with the opportunity to obtain further details and that, if I have requested such information, it has been provided to me before I completed my application.
I declare that I have taken reasonable care that all statements made by me are true and complete. And, to the best of my knowledge and belief, the total payments to any registered pension scheme, in respect of which I am entitled to tax relief under Section 188 of the Finance Act 2004, will not exceed the higher of:
- The basic amount for that tax year; or
- My relevant UK earnings, within the meaning of Section 189 of the Finance Act 2004 for that tax year.
I understand it is my responsibility to declare, on my self-assessment tax return, any contributions to registered pension schemes and I will be liable to a tax charge on any contribution in excess of the annual allowance.
I will advise NFU Mutual Select Investments Limited, in writing, if any event occurs as a result of which I will no longer be entitled to tax relief on my contributions under Section 188 of the Finance Act 2004, by the later of:
- The following 5 April, and
- 30 days after the event occurs.
I confirm any contributions paid before age 75 which are classed by HMRC as significant, will not be funded from any pension commencement lump sum paid from a registered pension scheme which would be regarded as recycling by HMRC.
I accept that NFU Mutual Select Investments Limited reserves the right to make electronic or other checks about the source of the money being paid into this plan and may refuse to accept the contributions being proposed, or request documentation to confirm the identity of any individuals, beneficial owners, businesses or entities associated with the transaction.
I agree to NFU Mutual Select Investments Limited deducting the amount of any scheme sanction charge, or other tax charge or fine or penalty levied by HMRC on NFU Mutual Select Investments Limited in respect of my Select Pension Plan from my pot. If the amount involved exceeds that available in my plan, I agree to pay the excess to NFU Mutual Select Investments Limited personally.
I confirm that I will provide any information I am required by HMRC to provide to NFU Mutual Select Investments Limited in respect of my money purchase annual allowance or annual allowance.
If this application and declaration are being made on behalf of a person:
- Who is incapable by reason of mental disorder of managing and administering his/her property or affairs; or
- Suffering from a physical disability by reason of which he/she has difficulty executing documents in respect of the management and administration of his/her property and affairs the person making it declares that, to the best of his/her knowledge and belief, all of the information given and statements made in the application are correct and complete, and all of the declarations made in the application are correct, and undertakes the obligations falling to the applicant and they are authorised to provide the information in this form.
They understand that they may be required to provide further information relating to their status in completing this application. They confirm if they have provided personal data, they are authorised to do so.
I authorise NFU Mutual to make an electronic record of my application.