National Farmers Union Mutual Insurance Society Limited’s terms and conditions for the Country Crime Fighters Awards (“Terms and Conditions”)
1. This competition is open to residents in the United Kingdom who are aged 18 or over, except that:
- employees or Agents of NFU Mutual or any group company of NFU Mutual or any member of their family may only enter the ‘Community Scheme Award’ and / or the ‘Best Agent’ Award or put forward a nomination for an Award;
- any supplier of NFU Mutual (including any employee and/or agent of that supplier) who is connected to or has any professional association with this competition may only enter the ‘Community Scheme Award’ or ‘Best Agent’ category or put forward a nomination for an Award;
- any judge appointed to judge this competition or any member of their family may not enter this competition or put forward any nomination for an Award.
2. Entrants do not need to be a customer of NFU Mutual in order to enter the competition and no purchase is necessary.
3. By submitting an entry, entrants:
- warrant that they have the legal capacity to enter into the competition and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any associated entry requirements (the “Terms and Conditions”). NFU Mutual reserves the right to exclude entrants and/or withhold prizes where an entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria set out in these Terms and Conditions and / or for any other failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions;
- consent and grant permission to NFU Mutual to use details of their entry in NFU Mutual’s promotional activities and agree that they may be required to participate in publicity associated with the competition. This publicity may, amongst other things, include the winners’ names and county of residence being made publicly available if they win; and
- are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
4. To enter the competition simply complete the online entry form and follow the instructions. Only one entry per category per individual is permitted.
5. NFU Mutual, its Agents and/or subcontractors accept no responsibility whatsoever for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries or for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, internet access, system or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
6. There will be four Award categories as follows: (i) the Individual Crime Fighter/Innovation Award; (ii) the Local Bobby Award, (iii) the Community Award; and (iv) the NFU Mutual Agent Award. There shall be one winner for each category. The winners of each category will get £1,000 as recognition for their anti-crime initiatives in their local area; this payment is made in good faith in the hope it will help to further fund anti-crime initiatives the winner is involved in. NFU Mutual is not responsible for how that funding is used.
7. Entries to the competition will be accepted from 04/04/2013 through to midnight on the 31/05/2013. Short listed entrants will be notified by 05/06/2013 and invited to attend the prize giving ceremony. The winner of each Award category shall be chosen by an independent panel of judges and named at the ceremony on 14/06/2013. Any entries submitted before or after these entry dates (as the case may be) will not be considered. No entries will be returned to entrants so entrants are advised to keep a copy of their submission.
8. The competition winners will be presented their prize in person at the ceremony on 14/06/2013 All entrants are advised to enter their contact details correctly to ensure that NFU Mutual is able to contact them. Prizes are awarded conditionally upon acceptance. If short listed entrants are unable to attend the prize giving ceremony, they must inform NFU Mutual when contacted; this will not affect their eligibility to win a prize. Any winners unable to attend the ceremony will receive their prize by 31/07/2013 at the latest.
9. The names and counties of the winners will be available online shortly after the prize giving ceremony at www.nfumutual.co.uk/crimefighters.
10. The decision regarding the competition winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
12. Entrants are prohibited from submitting entries that (i) infringe, or will cause NFU Mutual to infringe, the intellectual property rights (or other rights) of any third party, or which include the personal information of any third party; or (ii) contain material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libellous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, breach any law, or is otherwise inappropriate. NFU Mutual reserves the right to automatically disqualify any such entries.
13. Entries submitted electronically shall be free from any viruses, locking devices or other disruptive or potentially damaging programs or devices ("Viruses"). Entrants shall be liable for any loss or damage caused to NFU Mutual from any viruses in any entry.
14. NFU Mutual reserves the right to (i) suspend, withdraw or amend this competition including changing or substituting the prizes; and (ii) review and revise these Terms and Conditions in whole or in part at any time without prior notice or compensation to entrants and entrants will be deemed to have agreed to such new or amended terms. NFU Mutual further reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its sole opinion, if circumstances arise outside of its control.
15. NFU Mutual accepts no liability if any entrant fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All entrants agree to indemnify NFU Mutual against any claim(s) by any third party to the extent that such claim results from or in connection with any breach of these Terms and Conditions by the entrant.
16. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provision not held to be invalid.
17. These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales and participants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
18. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall constitute any financial or any other type of commitment on the part of NFU Mutual to support any of the entrants’ initiatives, schemes or causes in the future.
19. Copies of these Terms and Conditions are available on request.
20. Promoter: The National Farmers Union Mutual Insurance Society Limited (“NFU Mutual”) (Company Number 111982) whose registered office is at Tiddington Road, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 7BJ.