No two homes are the same, so neither is our approach to protecting them.
That's why our Home and Lifestyle Insurance provides cover for what matters most, as standard.
We consider it our job to help you to make sure that your house and most valuable possessions are protected.
So, whether you live in a town house, a listed building or a thatched cottage, we’ve got you covered.
- Alternative accommodation for you, your family and domestic pets, if your home can't be lived in: up to £75,000 or 25% of the insured rebuild cost, whichever is more.
- Replacement of locks of outside doors, safes and alarm systems - If keys are lost: up to £1,000. If keys are stolen: total cost up to sum insured.
- 3 year warranty against the quality of workmanship for building repair works to insured damage carried out by our approved contractors*.
- Personal legal expenses cover to provide you or your family living at home with advice and help with the cost of legal representation - including a 24 hour advice helpline: up to £50,000.
- Trace and access - the cost of finding the source of leaking water or oil used in central heating: up to £10,000.
- Accidental damage to fixed glass, ceramic hobs or sanitary ware in your home.
- Unauthorised use of credit cards: up to £10,000.
- Home entertainment equipment covered for accidental damage: up to one third of the total amount insured or £10,000, whichever is more.
- Damage to student belongings away from the home: up to £7,500.
- Theft from outbuildings: up to £5,000.
- Damage to contents normally in your garden: up to £5,000.
- Damage to trees, shrubs and plants: up to £2,000 in total, £250 per item.
- Money in the home: up to £2,500.
- Optional: Home Emergency Cover** - providing cover up to £1,000 per claim.
- Optional: Personal belongings away from home.
- Optional: Full accidental damage.***
What's not covered:
- Any excess, which is the amount you’ll need to pay towards a claim. Your policy documents will outline where these apply.
- Damage or loss caused by lack of general maintenance, wear and tear, and loss of value over time.
- *Connected services such as drainage system or sewage tank; boiler and heating systems are covered under optional Home Emergency, where a 1 year repair guarantee is provided.
- Any costs of replacing, repairing or restoring your buildings and contents above the amount you’ve insured them for.
- Storm or flood damage to gates or fences.
- Personal belongings away from your home.
- Damage caused by domestic pets.
- Student belongings stolen from an unlocked room.
- ***Accidental damage to contents normally kept in your garden.
**Home Emergency Cover is provided by ARAG plc. Contractors appointed by ARAG must be used unless otherwise agreed.
The features and exclusions listed are not exhaustive. Your cover will depend on your circumstances. You can find further information in the Important Documents section.
Compare our cover
With so many Home Insurance products on the market, making the right decision to ensure you have the right level of cover can be difficult.
So to help you, Defaqto has developed a comparison tool so you can compare our Home and Lifestyle Insurance with other providers.
Defaqto is a leading financial information, ratings and fintech business, helping consumers, financial institutions and financial advisers make better informed decisions.
Our Home and Lifestyle Insurance is rated 5 Star by Defaqto, and provides one of the highest quality offerings on the market.
Extend your cover
Holiday Accommodation Insurance (Home and Lifestyle Insurance) Product Information Document
Yes, if you take out our Personal Belongings Insurance. This is available as an optional extra under our Home and Lifestyle Insurance policy and covers your personal belongings (including up to £1,000 for money) against theft, loss or accidental damage anywhere in the British Isles and for up to 90 days abroad each year. Any individual items worth more than £600 must be specified on the Home and Lifestyle Insurance policy.
Personal Belongings cover is included as standard under an NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance policy (when you select contents cover) and covers your personal belongings against theft, loss or accidental damage anywhere in the world.
Our Home and Lifestyle Insurance will pay up to £10,000 for Trace and Access cover. This includes removing and replacing any part of the building in order to find the source of water escaping from tanks, pipes, appliances or fixed heating systems that are causing damage to the building.
Cover increases to the total insured sum amount listed on your policy scheduled for NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance.
What's not covered is repairing or replacing the tanks, pipes or heating systems themselves.
No, unless you have NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance (where you will be covered up to £1,500 per claim).
Home Emergency Cover is available as an add-on to Home and Lifestyle Insurance (where you will be covered up to £1,000 per claim). There is no excess to pay in the event of a claim and no limit to the number of claims you can make in a year. Cover does not apply for any incident within the first 7 days.
Home Emergency Cover offers added protection against misfortunes like burst pipes, blocked drains and boiler breakdown.
Yes, both of our Home Insurance policies will provide you with alternative accommodation in the event that your house can't be lived in, for you, your family and domestic pets.
With Home and Lifestyle Insurance you'll get up to £75,000 or 25% of the insured rebuild cost of your house, whichever is more. Under NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance you'll be covered for the full sum insured rebuild cost of your house.