Contact your local agency office
However you choose, whether in person or at the end of a phone, our Agents will be there for you when you need them most.
As a business, you or your employees may be held responsible for accidental injuries to clients, customers or the public or for damage to their property. Even if your business wasn't at fault, legal defence can often prove costly and detrimental to business.
We can offer liability cover as part of our Business Insurance, including a choice of Employers’ Liability, Public Liability and Product Liability, covering a variety of events.
What can be covered:
- Damage to vehicles legitimately parked at your premises.
- Damages arising from injury and illness to employees, including while working aboard for up to 60 consecutive days.
- Damages arising from injury to the public or their property that is caused by your products.
- Damage to premises hired or rented to you in connection with your business.
What's not covered:
- Liability arising from pollution other than by a sudden and unexpected incident.
- Injury arising from any vehicles requiring compulsory motor insurance.
- Professional advice or services given for a fee.
- Work involving asbestos, unless exposure is unintentional or accidental.
The cover you choose will depend on your circumstances and your local NFU Mutual agency office will take the time to understand these needs and explain the full details, including any limits and exclusions that may apply, to help ensure it‘s right for you.
Other business products
It isn’t a legal requirement but it’s highly recommended to have public liability insurance as many clients will insist upon it before working with you.
Yes, you’ll need public liability insurance and potentially product liability insurance. However, if you work completely on your own, you won’t need employers’ liability insurance.
A choice of cover is available as part of business liability insurance, including employers’ liability, product liability, public liability insurance and environmental liability cover.