Our Contents Insurance provides high levels of cover for your home contents.
Under our Home and Lifestyle Insurance, this includes contents in your home, including money, theft from outbuildings and the belongings of students while away from home.
What's covered by a Contents Insurance policy?
Imagine if you turned your house upside down - everything that fell out would be considered contents, curtains and carpets would also be included.
You need contents insurance to make sure that items including furniture, soft furnishings, jewellery and electrical devices are covered.
- Alternative accommodation for you, your family, and domestic pets, if your home can't be lived in: up to 25% of the amount insured.
- Replacement of locks of outside doors, safes and alarm systems - If keys are lost: up to £1,000. If keys are stolen: total cost up to sum insured.
- Home entertainment equipment covered for accidental damage: up to one third of the total amount insured or £10,000, whichever is more.
- Personal legal expenses cover to provide you or your family living at home with advice and help with the cost of legal representation - including a 24 hour advice helpline: up to £50,000.
- Unauthorised use of credit cards: up to £10,000.
- Damage to student belongings away from the home: up to £7,500.
- Theft from outbuildings: up to £5,000.
- Damage to contents normally kept in your garden: up to £5,000.
- Damage to trees, shrubs and plants: up to £2,000 in total, £250 per item.
- Money in the home: up to £2,500.
- Optional: Home Emergency Cover* - providing cover up to £1,000 per claim.
- Optional: Personal belongings away from home.
- Optional: Full accidental damage.**
What's not covered:
- Any excess, which is the amount you’ll need to pay towards a claim. Your policy documents will outline where these apply.
- Damage or loss caused by lack of general maintenance, wear and tear, and loss of value over time.
- Any costs of replacing, repairing or restoring your contents above the amount you’ve insured them for.
- Personal belongings away from your home.
- Damage caused by domestic pets.
- Student belongings stolen from an unlocked room.
- **Accidental damage to contents normally kept in your garden.
*Home Emergency Cover is provided by ARAG plc. Contractors appointed by ARAG must be used unless otherwise agreed.
The features and exclusions listed are not exhaustive. Your cover will depend on your circumstances. You can find further information in the Important Documents section.
Compare our cover
With so many Home Insurance products on the market, making the right decision to ensure you have the right level of cover can be difficult.
So to help you, Defaqto has developed a comparison tool so you can compare our Home and Lifestyle Insurance with other providers.
Defaqto is a leading financial information, ratings and fintech business, helping consumers, financial institutions and financial advisers make better informed decisions.
Our Home and Lifestyle Insurance is rated 5 Star by Defaqto, and provides one of the highest quality offerings on the market.