We know that it’s more than just a mode of transport, that's why we've considered the things you need when designing our Comprehensive Horsebox Insurance.
With Motor Legal Protection and windscreen cover included as standard, you can choose to increase your level of cover to include European travel and breakdown cover in the UK and the option to increase this to the continent.
Our cover is backed up by access to a 24-hour emergency helpline for legal advice and equine rescue services, allowing you to get the help you need any time of day or night and take away the worry following an incident.
A choice of what's covered:
- Cost of replacing your vehicle if stolen or written off - included as standard: up to the market value or the amount shown on your policy schedule, whichever is less.
- Windscreen replacement with no reduction in no claims discount - included as standard.
- Replacement of keys and locks if the keys are stolen - included as standard.
- Cost of replacing audio and visual equipment fitted by the manufacturer - included as standard: up to £500 for non-standard equipped.
- Cover for any trailer while attached to your vehicle - included as standard.
- Legal liability for personal injury to other people - included as standard: up to any amount.
- Legal liability for damage to other people's property - included as standard: up to £5 million.
- Motor legal protection - included as standard: up to £100,000.
- Optional: Horsebox National Assist Breakdown Cover: roadside assistance, onward transportation or overnight accommodation for you and livery for your horses if repair is not possible.
- Optional: The same level of cover while driving in most European countries.
- Optional: Continental Breakdown Cover.
- Optional: Cover for specified trailers when detached from your vehicle.
- Optional: Protected no claims discounts covering up to two claims in five years.
What's not covered:
- Any excess, which is the amount you’ll need to pay towards a claim. Your policy documents will outline where these apply.
- Loss of value over time, damage to tyres and wear and tear.
- Replacement keys and locks if the keys are lost.
- Personal possessions including any tack.
- Usage of the vehicle for purposes not shown on your motor insurance certificate.
This is not an exhaustive list. We can explain full details of cover and the limits and exclusions that apply to help ensure it’s right for you. You can also find more information in the Important documents section.