Our Buildings Insurance provides high levels of cover for your house and outbuildings.
Under our Home and Lifestyle Insurance, this includes alternative accommodation cover, trace and access - covering the cost of removing or replacing any part of the building in order to find a water leak - and cover for legal liability, as standard.
What's covered by a Buildings Insurance policy?
Unlike contents insurance, which covers your household possessions, including money, jewellery and electrical items, buildings insurance covers items fixed to your property and your outbuildings.
We cover the structure of your property, including your roof, floors, windows, doors and ceilings.
- Alternative accommodation for you, your family, and domestic pets, if your home can't be lived in: up to £75,000 or 25% of the insured rebuild costs, whichever is more.
- Replacement of locks of outside doors, safes and alarm systems - If keys are lost: up to £1,000. If keys are stolen: total cost up to sum insured.
- Trace and access - the cost of finding the source of leaking water or oil used in central heating: up to £10,000.
- Accidental damage to fixed glass, ceramic hobs or sanitary ware in your house.
- Personal legal expenses cover to provide you or your family living at home with advice and help with the cost of legal representation - including a 24 hour advice helpline: up to £50,000.
- Legal liability for injuries to others or damage to their property while in your home: up to £2.5 million.
- Optional: Home Emergency Cover* - providing cover up to £1,000 per claim.
- Optional: Full accidental damage cover.
What's not covered:
- Any excess, which is the amount you’ll need to pay towards a claim. Your policy documents will outline where these apply.
- Damage or loss caused by lack of general maintenance, wear and tear, and loss of value over time.
- Any costs of replacing, repairing or restoring your buildings above the amount you’ve insured them for.
- Damage caused by domestic pets.
*Home Emergency Cover is provided by ARAG plc. Contractors appointed by ARAG must be used unless otherwise agreed.
The features and exclusions listed are not exhaustive. Your cover will depend on your circumstances. You can find further information in the Important Documents section.
Compare our cover
With so many Home Insurance products on the market, making the right decision to ensure you have the right level of cover can be difficult.
So to help you, Defaqto has developed a comparison tool so you can compare our Home and Lifestyle Insurance with other providers.
Defaqto is a leading financial information, ratings and fintech business, helping consumers, financial institutions and financial advisers make better informed decisions.
Our Home and Lifestyle Insurance is rated 5 Star by Defaqto, and provides one of the highest quality offerings on the market.