Our Home Emergency Cover is designed for sudden and unexpected domestic emergencies that need action to prevent further damage or make your home safe and secure.
This could be a burst water pipe that floods your home, a central heating failure in the middle of winter, or wasps nesting in your spare room in summer.
With our 24-hour claims helpline, we'll get an approved tradesperson to you to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
There is no excess to pay in the event of a claim and no limit to the number of claims you can make per year.
If it's not safe to stay in your home, we'll even cover the cost of alternative accomodation for up to a week.
Home Emergency Cover is available exclusively to our buildings and contents insurance customers.
- Home and Lifestyle: available to add to new or existing policies - up to £1,000 per claim.
- NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance: included as standard - up to £1,500 per claim.
- Total failure or breakdown of the main heating system including an inability to produce hot water.
- Damage to drains, plumbing systems, water storage and septic tanks.
- Failure of your home’s external doors, windows or locks which renders your home insecure.
- Failure, breakdown or blockage of any toilet, its bowl or cistern in your home.
- Failure of, or accidental damage to the domestic electric or gas supply to your home.
- Vermin infestation to your home due to rats, mice, cockroaches and bees', wasps’ or hornets’ nests causing damage inside your home or a health risk to you.
- Damage to your roof where there has been or is likely to be internal damage to your home.
- Alternative accommodation costs when your home is unsafe or insecure to stay in overnight: up to £250 per night for up to seven consecutive nights.
What's not covered:
- Any claim which occurs within the first seven days of cover unless you can show continuous cover from another provider (this does not apply to NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance).
- Emergency costs incurred before a claim is accepted.
- Any further permanent repairs and/or redecoration once the emergency has been resolved.
- Outbuildings not used as a residential dwelling or for your profession or trade.
- Damage caused by any gradual process such as dripping taps.
- Damage caused to warm air (including air or ground source heating), and solar heating systems or boilers with an output over 60Kw/hr.
- Infestation by other vermin, e.g. squirrels and moths.
- The interruption, failure or disconnection of the mains services supplied to your home.
- Routine maintenance, servicing or periodic repairs.
Home Emergency Cover is provided by ARAG plc. Contractors appointed by ARAG must be used unless otherwise agreed.
We can explain what exclusions apply, so you can ensure the cover is right for you – or take a look at our product documentation for full details.