As our lifestyles change and the number and value of the personal items that we take outside the home increases, the insurance that we hold needs to too.
Our Personal Belongings Insurance protects your contents while away from the home year round and provides up to 90 days of cover worldwide, meaning that you can travel further afield with added peace of mind.
- Theft, loss and accidental damage of items while away from your home.
- Unspecified single item limit: 30% of the total amount of cover for unspecified personal belongings or £2,000, whichever is less.
- Repair or replacement of mobile phones: up to £2,000 per period of insurance.
- Loss or theft of money, travel tickets and travellers cheques: up to £1,000.
- Unauthorised use of credit cards: up to £10,000.
- Delayed baggage - the cost of items essential to your trip that you have to buy if your baggage is delayed for at least 12 hours: up to £250 per person.
- Replacement, retrieval or restoration of downloaded information on your entertainment equipment and mobile phone: up to £2,500.
What's not covered:
- Any excess, which is the amount you’ll need to pay towards a claim. Your policy documents will outline where these apply.
- Damage or loss caused by wear and tear, and loss of value over time.
- Damage caused by your domestic pets.
- Any costs of replacing, repairing or restoring your items above the amount you’ve insured them for.
- Any marquee hired by you.
- Securities, certificates and documents.
- Business tools and equipment other than laptops and mobile phones.
- Water sports equipment while being used.
The features and exclusions listed are not exhaustive. Your cover will depend on your circumstances. You can find further information in the Important Documents section.