Horse and Rider Insurance is designed to offer riders aged 5 to 75 years, who don't own a horse, high quality personal protection.
We offer a range of cover to protect you as a rider, including personal liability and personal accident cover for injuries resulting from riding.
And should you need to make a claim, our dedicated Equine Claims Unit will be on hand when you need us.
- Loss of horse due to death by accident, theft or mysterious disappearance: up to £4,000.
- Equine rescue costs: up to £750.
- Advertising and rewards costs in the event of loss: up to £750.
- Collection charge: up to £250.
- Vet's fees for each incident following an accident, illness or disease and can include complementary and alternative treatments, transportation costs and 50% of hospital livery costs: up to £2,000.
- Personal accident cover for death and injuries outlined in the policy wording: up to £20,000.
- Accidental loss, or damage to, riding tack not owned by you.
- Legal liability for injuries to others or damage to their property when handling a horse in your care: from £2.5 million.
- Legal costs to provide you with advice and help with the cost of legal representation: up to £50,000.
What's not covered:
- Any excess, which is the amount you’ll need to pay towards a claim. Your policy documents will outline where these apply.
- Any horse owned by you, on loan to you for more than four consecutive weeks, or insured by its owner.
- Any existing injury you are aware of which has been diagnosed or being treated before your cover starts, or is due for renewal, as outlined in the policy wording.
- Any illness, disease or condition.
- Euthanasia that was not needed on immediate humane grounds within the current British Equine Veterinary Association (BEVA) guidelines, or without our written consent.
- Theft from a building unless there has been forcible or violent entry.
- Any activity you undertake which is not within the class of use outlined in your policy schedule.
- Racing as a professional under the rules of any governing body.
- Liability relating to any business, professional or trade use.
This is not an exhaustive list. We can explain full details of cover and the limits and exclusions that apply to help ensure it’s right for you. You can also find more information in the Important documents section.