Exploring new places in your campervan is one of life's pleasures.
Owning a campervan means having the freedom to travel and see new sights in new countries so you’ll be glad to know we offer the same level of motoring cover while driving in most European countries.
Plus, we offer a high level of cover as standard, including things you might pay extra for with other companies, such as Motor Legal Protection.
- No Claims Discount protected if you’re hit by an uninsured driver and no excess to pay.*
- New campervan replacement - if you purchase a UK model from new and it’s less than two years old when it’s stolen or written off. A whole year longer than many other insurers.
- Motor Legal Protection - giving you access to legal advice and covering legal costs up to £100,000.
- Windscreen replacement with no reduction in no claims discount.
- Guarantee on repairs carried out by approved repairers.
- Theft or damage to child car seats.
- The same level of cover while driving in most European countries.
- Optional: Breakdown cover in the UK from £19.99 a year for motorhomes under 3,500kg and less than 5.5 metres long.
What isn't included:
- Any excess, which is the amount you’ll need to pay towards a claim. Your policy documents will outline where these apply.
- Loss of value over time, damage to tyres and wear and tear.
- Replacement of keys and locks if keys are lost.
- Personal possessions not kept in a locked vehicle, boot or glove compartment.
- Cash, tickets, stamps and cheques.
*You must advise us of the uninsured driver’s details, make, model and registration of the vehicle and details of any independent witnesses. We will deduct excesses and reduce no claims discount until satisfied the uninsured driver is at fault.
The features and exclusions listed are not exhaustive. Your cover will depend on your circumstances. You can find further information in the Important documents section.
Frequently asked questions
Our Car Insurance, on which your campervan would be insured, provides cover when driving in most European countries, as standard. The countries that you are able to drive in while abroad under our Car Insurance are listed in the Policy Reference Booklet.
Not all insurers provide cover while driving abroad as standard, so it’s best to check this when getting a quote. You can compare our policy against other providers using Defaqto’s Car Insurance Comparison Tool.
We believe that by talking to you about what you need we can help you to make sure you have the right level of cover in place.
Talk to us today and see how we can look after you on your adventures.
Drivers must be at least 17 years old, subject to acceptance.
We’ll provide a small car for the duration of repairs to help keep you mobile. We’ll also provide a car for up to 14 days if your vehicle is written off or stolen.
A campervan is treated as a typical vehicle and can be covered by a car insurance policy. You may want to add some additional extras such as increased personal possessions cover as you’re more likely to store personal items in your campervan. But yes, you can drive your campervan on your Car Insurance.
Our quote will reflect your individual circumstances and personal needs. The cost will depend on a number of factors such as the age of your campervan and the additional cover you require. Let’s have a conversation and provide you with a fair price for your Campervan Insurance that makes sense.
Some people convert their vans into campervans and these conversions require you to get campervan insurance in the same way you would if bought as a campervan in the first place.
Whatever your vintage model, we provide the same coverage for all campervans, as long as it’s roadworthy, and base the quote on the age of your vehicle. That means there’s no need for specialist insurance, just a fair price for all campervan owners.