Find your local agency office
Speak to your local agency office, who are on hand to offer a face-to-face discussion about how you can protect your agricultural vehicles.
Our comprehensive Agricultural Vehicle Insurance policy provides the insurance cover you need, ensuring as little disruption to your work as possible should anything happen to your crop treatment vehicles.
Farmers, growers and agricultural contractors rely on a range of crop treatment vehicles to grow and treat their crops. We know this machinery is expensive, but essential to the success of your crops. The last thing you want is to be held up by a problem with one of your vehicles.
- Damage to your vehicle because of an accident, fire or theft.
- Legal liability - injuries to others: up to any amount and for damage to other people's property: up to £5 million.
- New vehicle replacement - if it's less than one year old, stolen or written off.
- Motor Legal Protection - giving you access to legal advice and covering legal costs: up to £100,000.
- Damage to electrical wiring caused by a short circuit.
- Sheets, tarpaulins, ropes, chains, and pallets carried in your vehicle: up to £250 for any one event.
What isn't included:
- Any excess, which is the amount you’ll need to pay towards a claim. Your policy documents will outline where these apply.
- Damage to a vehicle’s internal machinery caused by material the vehicle is designed to process.
- Mechanical, electrical or computer failure.
- Depreciation, damage to tyres, wear and tear and loss of use.
This is not an exhaustive list, more information can be found in the important documents section.
The cover you choose will depend on your circumstances and your local NFU Mutual agency office will take the time to understand your needs and explain the full details, including any limits and exclusions that may apply, to help ensure it‘s right for you.
As the UK’s leading rural insurer, we're always looking for ways to keep ahead of industry trends, to ensure your farming business is in safe hands.
Whatever your farming insurance needs, whether smallholdings of a few animals, to larger more complex operations, we can protect your livelihood and your future.