A motorhome gives you the chance to enjoy a little bit of domestic bliss whilst you're out on the road.
When you’re out exploring somewhere new, the last thing you should be worrying about is whether you've got the right cover for your motorhome. That's why our cover, provided through our Comprehensive Car Insurance, provides a high level of cover as standard.
Our motorhome cover includes things you might pay extra for with other companies, such as Motor Legal Protection and the same level of cover while driving in most European countries.
- No Claims Discount protected if you’re hit by an uninsured driver and no excess to pay.*
- New motorhome replacement - if you purchase a UK model from new and it’s less than two years old when it’s stolen or written off. A whole year longer than many other insurers.
- Motor Legal Protection - giving you access to legal advice and covering legal costs up to £100,000.
- Windscreen replacement with no reduction in no claims discount.
- Theft or damage to child car seats.
- The same level of cover while driving in most European countries.
- Optional: Increased personal possessions cover up to £1,000.
- Optional: Breakdown cover in the UK from £19.99 a year for motorhomes under 3,500kg and less than 5.5 metres long.
What isn't included:
- Any excess, which is the amount you’ll need to pay towards a claim. Your policy documents will outline where these apply.
- Loss of value over time, damage to tyres and wear and tear.
- Replacement of keys and locks if keys are lost.
- Personal possessions not kept in a locked vehicle, boot or glove compartment.
- Cash, tickets, stamps and cheques.
*You must advise us of the uninsured driver’s details, make, model and registration of the vehicle and details of any independent witnesses. We will deduct excesses and reduce no claims discount until satisfied the uninsured driver is at fault.
The features and exclusions listed are not exhaustive. Your cover will depend on your circumstances. You can find further information in the Important documents section.
Frequently asked questions
It all depends on your vehicle and its age as well as factors you’d expect with any insurance policy such as your claims history. The best thing to do is ask for a quote to understand the costs involved.
In general, it’s a question of scale. Motorhomes tend to be bigger than campervans and therefore have a different insurance rating.
No. It's an annual policy so you can set off on an adventure even in the colder months. You can make changes to your policy whenever - we don't charge adjustment or cancellation fees.