Our Caravan Insurance is available when you cover your contents through a Home and Lifestyle Insurance policy and comes with the option to include cover of personal belongings up to £1,000.
We offer the option of new-for-old replacement, provided the sum insured covers the cost of a new caravan of the same make and model, or current market value for caravans and trailer tents.
We even protect against storm damage to awnings, so bad weather can't ruin your trip, and our policy covers use in most European countries for up to 12 weeks of the year.
- Option of new-for old replacement or your caravan's current market value if stolen or written off.
- Hire of another caravan or alternative accommodation if you lose the use of yours: up to £50 a day for 14 days.
- Transportation to nearest repairer, return home or to its permanent site if damaged, and up to £500 for disposal if not repairable.
- Storm damage to awnings: up to £1,000.
- Temporary use in Europe: up to 12 weeks.
- Personal accident for death or injuries, as outlined in the policy wording: up to £5,000.
- Your legal liability, as owner or occupier of your caravan, for injuries to others or damage to their property: cover limits start from £2.5 million.
What's not covered:
- Any excess, which is the amount you’ll need to pay towards a claim. Your policy documents will outline where these apply.
- Damage or loss caused by lack of general maintenance, wear and tear, and loss of value over time.
- Any cost of replacing, repairing or restoring your caravan and its contents above the amount you’ve insured them for.
- Business use.
The features and exclusions listed are not exhaustive. Your cover will depend on your circumstances. You can find further information in the Important Documents section.
Other extensions and add-ons
Frequently asked questions
Caravan Insurance is not compulsory in the UK but it makes a lot of sense. It means your caravan is protected from accidents that could happen on your travels, it can protect your contents and pay for any damage when on a camping site. We think caravans are as much your home as your actual house and deserves the protection of comprehensive insurance. Getting insurance will give you peace of mind that helps you enjoy your holiday so much more.
If you choose the right Caravan Insurance then both your caravan and its contents will be protected. Even better, where it's been agreed, we can replace your caravan with a new for old if it's damaged beyond repair.
With us, you will pay a fair price for the things you want to cover. Our basic insurance is very comprehensive but if you want to spend a little more then this can be extended to wider coverage for personal belongings or European travel. Talk to us and we’ll work out together what makes sense for your Caravan Insurance.