If you’re one of our home contents insurance policyholders, we can offer you annual travel insurance for when you want to get away.
Our annual travel insurance policies provide different cover limits depending on whether you're a Home and Lifestyle or NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance policyholder, meaning that it is tailored to suit your individual needs.
So, if you’re looking to get away for business or pleasure, our tailored cover offers that extra peace of mind you need to truly enjoy your trip.
Annual travel cover is currently only available on the following basis:
- Home and Lifestyle: multiple trips up to 30 days. The period of any one trip can be extended upon request to 60 or 90 days.
- NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance: multiple trips up to 60 days. The period of any one trip can be extended upon request to 90 or 120 days.
- Loss of money including travel tickets, passports and travellers cheques - Home and Lifestyle: up to £1,000. NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance: up to £2,000.
- Unauthorised use of your credit cards: up to £10,000.
- Cancellation expenses due to delay - Home and Lifestyle: up to £5,000. NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance: up to £15,000.
- Medical expenses: up to £5 million per person.
- Personal liability cover: up to £2.5 million.
- Help to reach your departure point if there's a transport failure: up to £1,000.
- Personal legal expenses cover to provide you or your family with advice and help with the cost of legal representation - including a 24-hour advice helpline: up to £50,000.
- Personal accident cover for death or permanent injury - Home and Lifestyle: up to £25,000. NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance: up to £50,000.
- Transportation of your body or ashes home or overseas funeral costs: included as standard on both policies.
- Winter sports cover for you and your equipment up to 30 days: optional on both policies.
- 24/7 access to Mutuaide Assistance, providing staff trained to give help over the phone in emergencies.
- Optional cover for Home and Lifestyle policyholders to add lost baggage cover including personal belongings, watches and jewellery, up to £2,500 with a £500 single item limit. Included as standard for NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance customers.
What's not covered:
- Any losses relating to the cancellation or curtailment of trips, resulting from travel restrictions being imposed in response to any pandemic, epidemic or coronavirus.
- Any losses if you, a close relative, business associate or travelling companion have symptoms associated with coronavirus, or are awaiting the results from a coronavirus test, at the time of booking a trip or purchasing your policy, and this is within 14 days of the trip’s departure date.
- Any excess, which is the amount you’ll need to pay towards a claim. Your policy documents will outline where these apply.
- Pre-existing medical conditions – we won’t pay any claim for any accident or illness occurring before the start of the policy unless you had already told us about them and we have not excluded them.
- Costs and expenses for damage, injury and illness for trips to a country or area of a country the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) have warned not to visit.
- Cancellation expenses due to any illness resulting from not taking the correct vaccinations or medication before your trip.
- Theft of money or credit cards from unlocked accommodation, or from an unattended vehicle unless locked away or concealed.
- Certain more dangerous activities such as black water rafting, base jumping and cave diving are excluded. The full list is in the policy wording.
- If baggage cover has been purchased: Delayed baggage recovered within 12 hours and damage or loss caused by wear and tear to personal baggage.
The features and exclusions listed are not exhaustive. Your cover will depend on your circumstances. You can find further information in the Important Documents section.
Do you have pre-existing medical conditions?
To ensure the cover is right for you, you'll need to let us know if you have any pre-existing medical conditions when you apply for cover.
We can cover many conditions, so please contact us to discuss your requirements.
If we are unable to cover any medical conditions, you can refer to a directory of insurers who specialise in providing travel insurance cover, including cover for more serious medical conditions.
You can find the directory at MoneyHelper or by calling 0800 138 7777.