Running a home-based business has many benefits: flexibility, increased productivity and potential cost savings too, to name just a few.
If you have your contents covered as part of your Home and Lifestyle or NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance policy we have options that could suit your operation - whether your from-home business is run full-time, part-time or as a hobby.
- Damage to business contents while at your home: up to £20,000.
- Your legal liability in connection with your homeworker business for injuries to others or damage to their property - Home and Lifestyle: from £2.5 million. NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance: from £10 million.
- Your legal liability in connection with your homeworker business, as an employer for injury to employees or damage to their property: up to £10 million.
- Damage to stock: up to £2,500.
- Increased cost of running your business following damage: up to 12 months and a maximum of £10,000.
- Money used in connection with your business in your home: up to £500.
- Money used in connection with your business in a locked safe at your home or in transit to and from a bank: up to £1,000.
- Business legal costs to provide you with advice and help with the cost of legal representation - Home and Lifestyle: up to £50,000. NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance: up to £100,000.
- Replacement of locks or lock mechanisms for outside doors, safes, strong rooms and intruder alarm systems at the business address if keys are lost or stolen: up to £1,000.
- Book debts, money owed by customers, including the costs of tracing them, following damage to business records: up to £25,000.
- Reinstating business books, documents and computer records: up to £2,500.
What's not covered:
- Any excess, which is the amount you’ll need to pay towards a claim, other than for Personal Accident. Your policy documents will outline where these apply.
- Damage or loss caused by lack of general maintenance, wear and tear, and loss of value over time.
- Any costs of replacing, repairing or restoring your items above the amount you’ve insured them for.
- Damage caused by theft or attempted theft by you, your family or any employee, tenant or guest.
- Theft of money from any unattended vehicle.
- Increased cost of working due to failure of main services resulting from an industrial dispute, a deliberate act or lasting less than 30 minutes.
- Reinstating records due to loss arising from a computer virus or for computer system records unless records are backed up on a weekly basis.
The features and exclusions listed are not exhaustive. Your cover will depend on your circumstances. You can find further information in the Important Documents section.