Find your local agency office
Speak to your local agency office, who are on hand to offer a face-to-face discussion about how you can protect your agricultural vehicles.
From a regular combine harvester to a bean, potato or pea harvester, our comprehensive Agricultural Vehicles Insurance policy keeps you covered.
- Damage to your vehicle because of an accident, fire or theft.
- Legal liability - injuries to others: up to any amount and for damage to other people's property: up to £5 million.
- New vehicle replacement - if it's less than one year old, stolen or written off.
- Motor Legal Protection - giving you access to legal advice and covering legal costs: up to £100,000.
- Glass replacement with no excess to pay for glass repair.
- Unspecified trailers and implements, attached or detached: up to £500,000
- Damage to electrical wiring, the Engine Control Unit and alternators caused by a short circuit.
- Agricultural goods you carry in your vehicle: up to £1,000 for any one event.
- Sheets, tarpaulins, ropes, chains, and pallets carried in your vehicle: up to £250 for any one event.
- Mobile GPS units whilst attached and detached, excluding any free-standing base station.
What isn't included:
- Any excess, which is the amount you’ll need to pay towards a claim. Your policy documents will outline where these apply.
- Damage to a vehicle’s internal machinery caused by material the vehicle is designed to process.
- Mechanical, electrical or computer failure.
- Depreciation, damage to tyres, wear and tear and loss of use.
This is not an exhaustive list, more information can be found in the important documents section.
The cover you choose will depend on your circumstances and your local NFU Mutual agency office will take the time to understand your needs and explain the full details, including any limits and exclusions that may apply, to help ensure it‘s right for you.
Beware of the risk of combine fires
We are working with farmers to help prevent devastating combine fires that put lives at risk, and cause expensive damage, disruption and stress.
While insurance can cover the cost of a replacement, the loss of time and the stress caused by a combine fire is something no farmer wants to face, especially at such a critical time of year.