Coronavirus news and information for NFU Mutual customers
We understand that these continue to be worrying and difficult times for everyone, and you may have questions about your insurance or financial products in relation to COVID-19.
Our Coronavirus Information Hub has the latest updates and FAQs on NFU Mutual’s response to Coronavirus. Please continue to check back as we're updating regularly.
Find out more about our initiatives
An update on the Financial Conduct Authority legal action on Business Interruption cover (19/01/2021)
On Friday 15 January 2021 the Supreme Court published its judgment on the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Business Interruption Test Case Find out more.
An update on NFU Mutual’s position on government grants and Holiday Accommodation claims (18/01/2021)
We’ve revised our position on government grants in relation to claims settlements for Holiday Accommodation loss of profit on our home insurance policies. Government grants will no longer be considered during the claims settlement, find out more.
2021 community initiatives - NFU Mutual’s £2.75 million pledge to UK charities (09/02/2021)
Following the total donations of circa £1.8 million made in 2020, and as the challenges of the pandemic continue, we’ve pledged a further £2.75 million towards local and national charities in 2021 to enable these organisations to offer support to the communities they serve. £2 million will be donated to local charities through our Agency Giving Fund and a further £750,000 to the NFU Mutual Charitable Trust to support national organisations.
Advice about your finances - Visit our Financial Services Hub
Whilst we find ourselves in these unprecedented times, we’re here ready to support you, our financial advisers are working remotely following the social distancing guidelines.
Support with making payments
If you’re experiencing temporary financial pressure as a result of Coronavirus and you’re worried about making payments, we’re here to help.
General Insurance policyholders: find out more about what options are available and how to get in touch.
Life insurance, critical illness and income protection policyholders: find out more about what options are available and how to get in touch.
Supporting your mental wellbeing
At this time of great uncertainty, we are working hard to protect your interests, your wellbeing and your future.
Read our guide on what mental health is, how to spot the signs of a problem amongst your family and friends and what you can do about it.
Other Coronavirus initiatives and support
In 2020, we launched a number of initiatives in response to the changing circumstances, many of which will continue into 2021:
- Flexible policy adjustments for our home, motor and travel customers to enable them to adapt to the ever-changing situation including:
- Extending cover for key workers to drive
- Enabling people who want to help communities by transporting medicines and groceries
- Supporting those who now need to work from home
- Helping those who have been stranded abroad.
- Extended cover for businesses expanding on their normal commercial activities during the pandemic
- The inclusion of COVID-19 on Personal Accident and Group Personal Accident extensions available for new and existing Home and Business Insurance customers
- Flexible approach to cover for temporarily unoccupied premises, higher stock levels, and continuing cover for farmers with uncollected milk
- Continuing to reward our loyal General Insurance (GI) customers through a Mutual Bonus, which provides a saving on the renewal premium of your GI policy. In 2020 we paid out some £255m in this way and we are again able to announce a significant Mutual Bonus going forward for all our renewing General Insurance members.
- Continuing to provide funding for the UK's main farming unions as they work with government to keep agriculture running – a total voluntary donation of £7.5 million in 2020.
- Our new NFU Mutual Agency Giving Fund allowed £1million to be released in 2020 through our agency network to help local charities and communities across the UK. The Agency Giving Fund returns in 2021 with £2 million of funding available.
- An additional £750,000 voluntary donation in 2020 to the NFU Mutual Charitable Trust which will be matched in 2021. This funding enables the Trust to further support national organisations reaching the isolated and vulnerable families facing financial challenges due to Coronavirus.
- Additional donations to our affiliated charity, the Farm Safety Foundation, to support and extend its mental health work during this period of isolation.
To find out more, visit the product FAQ pages or speak to your local Agent