£32 million support package for our customers, their families and communities
As a mutual, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We understand that these are worrying and difficult times for everyone, and you may have questions about your insurance or financial products in relation to COVID-19.
Our Coronavirus Information Hub has the latest updates and FAQs on NFU Mutual’s response to Coronavirus. Please continue to check back as we're updating on a daily basis.
Additional RAC breakdown cover during these difficult times
Due to lockdown restrictions, it's likely that you've not been using your vehicle as frequently as you used to, so to help you get back on the road as restrictions are lifted and to support our key workers who are still using their vehicles, we're temporarily providing additional UK breakdown cover at no extra cost to our Car and Light Goods Vehicle policy holders.
This means that from Friday 22nd May 2020 to Monday 31st August 2020 inclusive, you'll be covered if you're in need of 'at home' or 'national recovery' breakdown services via our partner, the RAC, Find out more.
Introducing our new free health and safety telephone service for our farming and other business customers
We understand that these are challenging times with Government restrictions in place due to Coronavirus. Feedback from our customers has told us that this is impacting the ways of working on farms and in other businesses, and that they need help and guidance on how to work safely, either through reviewing current activity or in preparation for re-opening their businesses.
That's why we're launching our free Health and Safety Telephone Service, to offer our farming and other business customers guidance and expertise in the current climate.
With extensive multi-sector experience, our risk management team are on hand to talk through a broad range of concerns, including areas such as training new or inexperienced workers, social distancing in the workplace, unoccupied buildings or re-opening your business safely.
Find out more about these initiatives
- £24 million worth of changes to our insurance cover – including COVID-19 on Personal Accident and Group Personal Accident extensions available for new and existing Home and Business Insurance customers.
- We're committed to making it easy for our home, motor and travel customers to adapt to the ever-changing situation, including:
- Extending cover for key workers to drive.
- Enabling people who want to help communities by transporting medicines and groceries.
- Supporting those who now need to work from home.
- Helping those who have been stranded abroad.
- Extending cover for businesses to allow them to expand their normal commercial activities during the Coronavirus pandemic. As well as offering flexible cover for those with unoccupied premises, added protection for those with higher stock levels, and continuing cover for farmers with uncollected milk.
- Continuing to provide an automatic 15% increase in property sums insured to ensure customers are protected if an Agent or valuations firm cannot access property during the outbreak.
- Streamlining claims processes to speed up payments.
- Continuing to provide access to NFU Mutual's national network of Financial Advisers to help customers manage their current financial plan. Visit our new Financial Services Hub to find out more.
- Setting up the NFU Mutual Agency Giving Fund, allowing £1million to be released through our agency network to help local charities and communities across the UK.
- An additional £750,000 donation to the NFU Mutual Charitable Trust, which will give the Trust £1 million to support national organisations reaching the isolated and vulnerable families facing financial challenges due to Coronavirus.
- £5 million to support our 300 local offices across the UK, enabling them to remain open and continue to serve their communities.
- £50,000 donation to affiliated charity, Farm Safety Foundation, to support and extend its mental health work during this period of isolation.
- Continuing to reward loyalty through our Mutual Bonus discount, which will offer an estimated £250m in premium discounts to general insurance customers who renew with us between July 2020 and June 2021.
- Continuing to provide funding for the UK's main farming unions as they work with government to keep agriculture running. This year, we'll be donating £7.5m to farming unions to carry out their vital role.
To find out more, visit the product FAQ pages or speak to your local Agent