Do you have motorcycle insurance that gives you peace of mind as you take to the open road on two wheels?
Our Comprehensive Motorcycle Insurance makes sure you and your bike are properly looked after whenever you head out for a ride.
Features such as Motor Legal Protection and third-party cover for riding other people's motorcycles are included as standard. There's also the option to include cover of a trailer up to market value, and European cover – perfect for those longer trips.
With access to a 24-hour free UK claims helpline, you're able to relax and enjoy many adventures with your machine.
- If your motorcycle is stolen or written off we'll pay the market value or the amount shown on your schedule, whichever is less.
- Motor Legal Protection - giving you access to legal advice and covering legal costs up to £100,000.
- Accessories or spare parts kept on the motorcycle or in a locked garage if your motorcycle is stolen.
- Replacement costs of audio and visual equipment fitted by the manufacturer and up to £500 for non-standard equipment.
- Third party cover for riding other people’s motorcycles, which includes injury to others or damage to their property.
- Optional: European cover - the same level of cover while riding in most European countries.
What isn't included:
- Any excess, which is the amount you’ll need to pay towards a claim. Your policy documents will outline where these apply.
- Loss of value over time, damage to tyres and wear and tear.
- Loss or damage to helmets, gloves or personal clothing.
- Loss or theft of keys, or replacing locks.
- Carrying passengers for hire or reward.
- Racing, speed testing, competitions, rallies (other than road-safety rallies and treasure hunts), trials or track days.
The features and exclusions listed are not exhaustive. Your cover will depend on your circumstances. You can find further information in the Important documents section.
Frequently asked questions
The cost will be different for every person depending on their personal circumstances and the type of bike they ride. The best thing to do is have a chat with our advisers who can tailor the quote to you and your bike and ensure you get a fair price that also provides the coverage you need.
All on-road motorcycles must be insured by law. This not only protects you and your motorbike in case of accidents and breakdowns but can also give you compensation if your bike is stolen or vandalised.
There are a number of elements that we use to produce motorcycle insurance quotes which include age, postcode, the type of bike and the level of cover chosen.
All types of motorbike are covered by our insurance but factors such as age and condition will affect any quotes we give you.
Many motorbike lovers have more than one vehicle in their collection and we can provide you with a multi-bike insurance policy to cover all of them. Just talk to us and we'll create a quote that is comprehensive and fair.
If you love the thrill of a high-performance motorbike then you can still get insurance but, of course, there are higher risks involved in riding these speedy machines which will have an impact on your quote.
When you've chosen to ride a moped instead of motorcycle, we can still provide the same level of coverage you require and a price that is appropriate.
If your bike is over 30 years old then it is regarded as a ‘classic’. Our Motorcycle Insurance will ensure your classic bike is protected when you need to take it for a quick run.
You can but your Motorcycle Insurance will only cover any passenger who is in or on the vehicle with your permission.
The minimum level of motorcycle insurance is third party which covers you against damage to others but not yourself. The next level is Third Party, Fire and Theft which adds coverage for the cost of damages to your bike caused by fire or theft. Finally, comprehensive insurance for motorcycles will offer you the highest level of protection.