Find your local branch
Yellow front door of white brick house with black railings on either side

Standard Home Insurance

Cover that's more than bricks and mortar

It’s our job to help ensure your home and most valuable possessions are protected.

Home and Lifestyle Insurance provides one of the most comprehensive policies in the market, as indicated by a Defaqto 5 Star Rating.

From buildings and contents, protection for your boat or caravan, to travel and pet insurance we have got it covered.  

As a Which? Recommended Provider of Home Insurance, whatever you are looking to protect you can rely on NFU Mutual:

  • 300 local branches offering personal, tailored care
  • No quibble claims
  • No admin fees for changes to your policy and no charges on Direct Debit, credit or debit card payments


Cover for what matters most, as standard

  • Alternative accommodation cover - we'll pay the cost of alternative accommodation for you, your family, and domestic pets, if your home can't be lived in, up to £75,000 or 25% of the insured rebuild cost, whichever is more
  • Personal legal expenses up to £50,000 to provide you or your family with advice and help with the cost of legal representation - including a 24 hour advice helpline.
  • 3 year warranty against the quality of workmanship for building repair works to insured damage carried out by our approved contractors*
  • Automatic increase of your contents sum insured by 10% or £5,000, whichever is the most, a month before and a month after a special event
  • Up to £10,000 towards finding the source of leaking water or oil used in central heating
  • Damage to contents in your garden up to £5,000. Trees, shrubs and plants up to £2,000 in total and up to £250 for any single item.


  • Our Home Emergency Cover extension is available for £27.50 per year, protecting you against seven domestic emergencies, up to £1,000 per claim

  • Personal Belongings Insurance, Product Information Document [PDF: 74KB], for contents away from the home, including jewellery, watches and pedal cycles, is available as an optional cover that you pay for
  • Cover for accidental damage of your buildings and contents is available an optional cover that you pay for.


Personal Accident Insurance, Product Information Document [PDF: 75KB], and Boat Insurance, Product Information Document [PDF: 72KB], are available as extensions to Home and Lifestyle Insurance.

Buildings Insurance, Product Information Document [PDF: 76KB], and Contents Insurance, Product Information Document [PDF: 76KB]are also available as standalone covers as part of Home and Lifestyle Insurance.

*Excludes connected services such as drainage system or sewage tank; boiler and heating systems are covered under optional Home Emergency, where a one year repair guarantee is provided.

We can explain what limits and exclusions apply, so you can ensure the cover is right for you – or take a look at our policy reference booklet for more details.