Property Owner and Landlord insurance

Our Property Owner and Landlord policy includes cover suited to a variety of portfolios from houses and flats, to office and retail premises.

By using out in-depth sector expertise and knowledge of the property market we recognise the huge responsibility you have to residents.

Working with businesses like yours and associations in your industry, we've come to fully understand these concerns and issues. Property owners, property professionals, landlord and block managers come to us for support and advice because they know that we really understand the ins and outs of their business.

We cover you for:

  • Property – Your buildings are covered as standard. New buildings, alterations, additions and improvements are also covered for 90 days. This will be up to 10% of the amount you’re insured for, and up to a maximum of £500,000
  • Loss of income – Covering the loss of income due to damage at your property, up to £1.5 million. This includes loss of rental income caused by damage at nearby properties, up to £100,000
  • Liability - You or your employees may be held responsible for accidental injury to the public or for damage to their property. Our normal cover is £2.5 million but you can choose higher limits. Also as an employer, you have a legal responsibility to buy employers’ liability insurance. If you choose to add this we provide £10 million as standard but higher limits are available.

Optional extras:

  • Engineering - Accidental damage or breakdown of machinery, such as service lifts, coffee machine boilers or heating boilers
  • Commercial Legal Expenses - We can help protect your business and employees during legal disputes, providing a specialist lawyer to advise and support and cover against legal costs up to £250,000.