We know how demanding running a small farm can be. That’s why we’ve been busy improving our Farm Essentials cover. So now you’ll be protected by insurance that works just as hard as you do.
Is Farm Essentials for me?
We understand the needs of smaller farms, and work with owners, tenants and share farmers to ensure you only pay for the cover your business or smallholding needs.
That’s why we’ve improved our Farm Essentials policy to provide more cover for livestock, hill farms and simple diversifications.
If your farm generates up to £50,000 in farming income annually, this policy provides the essential property and liability covers as standard to meet your needs. There is also flexibility to cover livestock, farm income and some simple diversifications such as B&Bs, farm shops, camping and caravan sites, and leasing of land or grazing rights.
Key features and benefits as standard
- New £100,000 livestock cover (including whilst in transit)
- £10m Public and Product Liability cover to protect your business if it’s held responsible for accidental injury to clients, customers, or the public
- £10m Employer Liability cover to protect your business and its employees, as well as your family and friends if they’re injured or become ill due to their work on the farm
- Day-one reinstatement buildings cover up to £300,000 and contents cover up to £50,000 – including a 15% increase on your property sums insured to combat inflation
- Cover for farms up to 50ha, as well as small hill farms that meet the acceptance criteria
- Cover for farming stock up to £20,000
- £250,000 Legal Expenses cover to safeguard your business and employees during legal disputes, providing your claim has a reasonable prospect of success, including access to our legal advice helpline and online legal employment manual
- £2m Environmental Liability cover to protect your business if your farming activities or waste results in injury