Our Financial Advisers are here to share NFU Mutual’s wealth of knowledge, answer your financial questions and bring clarity and focus to your goals.
Financial advice could help you to:
- Formulate a plan to achieve your financial goals, which might include financial security for your family, including protecting them financially if things go wrong
- Grow your current wealth and adopt a considered approach to passing down wealth
- Understand the most tax efficient ways of putting money into, and taking money out of, your pensions and investments
- Avoid costly, ill-informed decisions
- Feel confident that you’ve done the best you can in your current financial situation.
What do I need to do before I meet my NFU Mutual Financial Adviser?
Before meeting one of our Financial Advisers, it’s advisable to take some time to consider your current financial situation and what you want to achieve, both now and in the future.
What happens when I meet my Financial Adviser?
They’ll review your financial situation with you in detail, including income and expenditure, cash savings and investments, and any pensions and other assets you may have. It’s advisable to have key information to hand, but we’ll confirm in advance what type of documents are needed. Together we’ll look at your financial and lifestyle goals, any concerns you have and how best to plan to achieve those goals.
What will I get out of it?
It’s only when we understand what you want that we can advise what you may need. That might be pension or investment related, it might be about putting protection in place with appropriate products or it might be about understanding how tax breaks on pensions and inheritance work.
After we’ve gathered all the facts and fully understood your objectives, we prepare a report with recommendations and discuss that with you at a further meeting. We don’t expect you to make quick decisions - you can set the timescale for actioning any recommendations we make.
We understand that it’s about trust. We've been providing financial advice to customers for over 90 years, so rest assured that the advice we give will be appropriate for your circumstances and financial goals.
Find out more about our Financial Advice Service, call 0800 622 323 or complete an enquiry form, we'll then contact you and put you in touch with your local NFU Mutual Financial Adviser.