A large modern detached house with double garage

Buildings Insurance

Cover for your house

Buildings insurance can cover your house and outbuildings in the event they are damaged by things like fire or flooding.

What part of your home does buildings insurance cover?

Unlike contents insurance, which covers the items in your home, buildings insurance covers your roof, floors, windows doors and ceilings.

Why choose us?

  • UK-based call centre and 300 local offices providing a personal service
  • We pay out on 98% of claims*
  • No admin fees for changes to your policy

Buildings Insurance Summary

Product Feature

Home and Lifestyle Insurance >

NFU Mutual Bespoke Home Insurance >

Repair or replacement of buildings in the event of insured damage or loss Amount you choose

A bespoke amount that you choose

Accidental damage cover included as standard

Alternative accommodation £75,000 or 25% of the insured rebuild cost, whichever is more Insured rebuild cost
Trace and access £10,000 Buildings sum insured amount

Home Emergency Cover

Provided by ARAG Plc.


Included as standard, limit of £1,500 for each claim

Replacement of locks Replacement if keys are stolen, we'll pay up to £1,000 if keys are lost Unlimited cover if keys are lost or stolen up to buildings sum insured amount
Fly tipping cover


Legal liability £2.5 million** £10 million
Damage caused by pets


Legal expenses cover £50,000 £100,000
Cost of alternative stabling 20% of the insured rebuild cost Insured rebuild cost
Access to a 24 hour emergency helpline