Cover for what matters most, as standard
- Alternative accommodation cover - we'll pay the cost of alternative accommodation for you, your family, and domestic pets, if your home can't be lived in, up to £75,000 or 25% of the insured rebuild cost, whichever is more
- Personal legal expenses up to £50,000 to provide you or your family living at home with advice and help with the cost of legal representation - including a 24 hour advice helpline.
- 3 year warranty against the quality of workmanship for building repair works to insured damage carried out by our approved contractors*
- Automatic increase of your contents sum insured by 10% or £5,000, whichever is the most, a month before and a month after a special event such as Easter or Christmas
- Up to £10,000 towards finding the source of leaking water or oil used in central heating
- Damage to contents in your garden up to £5,000. Trees, shrubs and plants up to £2,000 in total and up to £250 for any single item.
Enhance your cover inside and outside the home
Our Home Emergency Cover extension protects seven types of domestic emergencies, up to £1,000 per claim. Cover does not apply for any incident within the first 14 days. Home Emergency Cover is provided by ARAG Plc.
- Personal Belongings Insurance, Product Information Document [PDF: 100KB], for contents away from the home, including jewellery, watches and pedal cycles, is available as an optional cover that you pay for.
- Cover for accidental damage of your buildings and contents is available as an optional cover that you pay for.
Holiday Accommodation Insurance, Product Information Document [PDF: 103KB], specifically designed for people who let their homes to paying guests, is available as an extension to Home and Lifestyle Insurance.
Buildings Insurance, Product Information Document [PDF: 98KB], and Contents Insurance, Product Information Document [PDF: 100KB] are also available as standalone covers as part of Home and Lifestyle Insurance.