In the event of an emergency while on holiday contact our English speaking operators at any time of day or night. They are called Mutuaide and are based in Paris.
You must call the police as soon as possible for any incident that involves loss of personal possessions, theft, malicious damage, or personal injury. Remember to obtain an incident reference number.
If you damage someone else's property and that person cannot be contacted.
Report any lost credit cards to the issuing company.
You can report claims over the phone to NFU Mutual, for details select the appropriate product button.
For emergency assistance helplines select the appropriate product button.
Exchange name and contact details.
It may also be useful to obtain details of any witnesses.
The list below is not exhaustive and we may require further documentation to support your claim.
- Written confirmation from the public transport provider (e.g. airline, ferry or railway company) that there was a delay, and the reason for it.
- Receipts for additional accommodation/travelling expenses you had to pay as a result of the delay or enforced stay.
- Receipts for essential purchases made as a result of your baggage being lost or stolen.
- A report from the public transport provider. You must get one of these as soon as you realise your baggage has been lost or stolen.
- Proof of purchase for the lost, stolen or damaged items.
- Written confirmation of the loss or damage of items from the police or other relevant, independent authority.
- Receipt(s) for foreign currency purchased for your trip.
- Evidence of sterling or foreign currency withdrawn while you were abroad.
- Evidence of how you replaced the lost funds.
- A copy of the report the local police made when you told them about the loss.
- Confirmation from the police or other relevant, independent authority that you told them about the event.
- Any witness statements.
- A copy of any police report.
- If the piste was closed because of the weather, a letter from the resort manager or tour operator confirming the dates.
We welcome your views on any aspect of our service and if we fail to meet your expectations, in the first instance please contact us on the number given on your claim acknowledgement, or as indicated for the appropriate product on the "Reporting a claim." page.
More details about how to make a complaint can be found in our complaints section.