Garden city different coloured brick terraced houses with trees in front

Landlord Insurance

Whether you’re a residential landlord or own an office, shop or other business premises, with our landlord insurance, we have you protected.

Our Property Owners policy is flexible so you can choose optional cover to meet your needs now and, in the future, you can also update your policy whenever you need to without paying any admin fees.

Residential and commercial property owners can face risks varying from fire and flood, loss of rental income, as well as liability for injury to the public, employees or tenants.

Your business is also likely to have its own specific set of risks, which we'lll help you identify and manage.

What’s covered by our Landlord insurance?

  1. Property – Your buildings are covered as standard. Cover includes the cost of alternative accommodation following a loss, up to 20% of the building sum insured.
  2. Business Interruption - This cover protects your business against lost rental income, and additional expenses to minimise losses, following an unexpected event such as damage to your property caused by fire or flood.
  3. Property Owners Liability - Damages arising from injury to the public or damage to their property, up £2.5 million as standard.

Who do we cover?

  • Landlords with individual properties – whether it be residential or commercial let properties
  • Landlords with multiple properties (up to a maximum of 10) - for residential, commercial or mixed portfolios
  • Shops
  • Office

We're also able to insure property portfolios with over 10 properties via our national network of Agency Offices.