Chippenham Agency is delighted to have nominated local charity Heals of Malmesbury, to receive a donation of over £3,000 from a national £1m ‘emergency giving fund’ launched by NFU Mutual.
In light of the national emergency this country is facing, NFU Mutual, the UK’s leading rural insurer, has allocated £1m to help local frontline charities at this difficult time. To help ensure this support reaches all corners of the UK, NFU Mutual has reached out to its Appointed Representative Network of local Agents. Consisting of circa 300 independent Agency businesses and 9 NFU Mutual Branches, each have been given the opportunity to nominate a handful of local charities to receive a share of this fund.
Locally, we have nominated Heals of Malmesbury to receive this support, to help deliver their important work.
This donation will allow Heals of Malmesbury and their volunteers to continue to support vulnerable individuals and families across North Wiltshire. This includes:
- Distributing ready meals three times a week to over 100 people
- Organising the replacement and installation of essential household equipment to very vulnerable families
- Launching a Hardship Fund to get and keep local individuals and families out of crippling debt
- Phoning round to vulnerable people and families to make sure they are alright
- Issuing the largest number of Food Bank vouchers in their 7 year history and brokering an agreement for the local Co-Op store to provide fresh food and hygiene product boxes to those receiving free food through their home delivery services
The NFU Mutual’s £1m emergency fund for local charities across the UK, forms part of an overall £32m support package NFU Mutual has committed for the benefit of customers and communities affected by the coronavirus. To find out about NFU Mutual’s coronavirus support package, please visit: https://www.nfumutual.co.uk/about-us/coronavirus/