Principles and Practices of Financial Management
Our PPFM was last changed on 22nd May 2017 and the NFU Mutual Summary of Changes to PPFM document below is a summary of the changes we made. This document sets out the detail of how we manage our With-Profits Funds.
We have also produced an appendix to the PPFM. This contains additional useful information about our with-profits business.
You can download the Principles and Practices of Financial Management (PPFM) [PDF: 206KB], Summary of Changes to PPFM [PDF: 93KB] and Appendix [PDF: 286KB].
We call a with-profits policy unitised when your investment buys units in the With-Profits Fund. If you want to invest in a new unitised with-profits policy or you have one of the following NFU Mutual policies, you should read Your Guide to Our Funds [PDF: 200KB].
- Capital Access Bond
- Shrewd Savings Plan ISA
- Personal Pension Account
- Additional Voluntary Contributions Plan
- Group Personal Pension Plan
If you have one of the following NFU Mutual policies, which are unitised with-profits but no longer open to new business, and require further information please contact us on 0800 622 323.
- Personal Pension Plan
- Executive Pension Plan
- With-Profits Personal Pension Plan
- Capital Investment Bond
- NFU Mutual Vintage Bond
If you have a Conventional With-Profits contract, you should read A guide to Conventional With-Profits [PDF: 112KB]. We call a with-profits policy conventional when we guarantee to pay out an agreed amount when the policy matures. This could be a lump sum (the sum assured) or a series of payments (an annuity or pension). NFU Mutual Conventional With-Profits policies include:
- Endowments (a regular savings contract that promises to pay a minimum amount at the maturity date), including minimum cost endowments
- Whole of life policies (a regular premium policy that promises to pay out a minimum amount on death), including low cost whole of life policies
- Any other with-profits policy taken out before 1st July 1988
If you have a With-Profits Annuity contract you should read A guide to the With-Profits Annuity [PDF: 112KB].