Blue and white Volkswagen campervan parked on costal road with tide out

Campervan Insurance

European cover and breakdown insurance – get the right level of cover

Exploring new places in your campervan is one of life's pleasures. Ensuring you have the right Campervan Insurance cover means you can enjoy the adventure - wherever the road takes you.

We provide cover for campervans through our comprehensive Car Insurance policy, including European cover so you can explore without worry.

Plus, we offer a high level of cover as standard, including things you might pay extra for with other companies, such as Motor Legal Protection.

Why choose NFU Mutual?

  • 295 agency offices offering a local personal service
  • No admin fees for changes to your policy
  • No charges on Direct Debit

Quality insurance for campervans 

Owning a campervan means having the freedom to travel and see new sights in new countries so you’ll be glad to know we offer the same level of motoring cover while driving in most European countries.

Added Protection as standard for Campervan Insurance

  • Motor Legal Protection - giving you access to legal advice and covering legal costs up to £100,000
  • The same level of cover while driving in most European countries
  • Option to increase personal possessions cover from the standard limit of £250 to £1,000
  • A 24 hour freephone helpline to assist you in the event of an accident, claim or emergency
  • Mutual Assist Breakdown cover provided by the RAC if you break down in the UK at least ¼ mile from home and the total recovery distance is under 20 miles from the nearest garage. With a choice to upgrade to RAC ‘National Assist’ or ‘National plus Home Assist’ breakdown cover in the UK for campervans under 3,500kg and less than 5.5 metres long.

Frequently asked questions

Many of our customers use their campervan for travelling overseas and we provide minimum compulsory insurance cover for EU countries as standard. Take a look at our policy document for the full list.

We believe that by talking to you about what you need we can help you to make sure you have the right level of cover in place.

Talk to us today and see how we can look after you on your adventures.

Drivers must be at least 17 years old, subject to acceptance.

We’ll provide a small car for the duration of repairs to help keep you mobile. We’ll also provide a car for up to 14 days if your vehicle is written off or stolen.

A campervan is treated as a typical vehicle and can be covered by a car insurance policy. You may want to add some additional extra such as increased personal possessions cover as you’re more likely to store personal items in your campervan. But yes, you can drive your campervan on your car insurance.

Our quote will reflect your individual circumstances and personal needs. The cost will depend on a number of factors such as the age of your campervan and the additional cover you require. Let’s have a conversation and provide you with a fair price for your Campervan Insurance that makes sense.

Some people convert their vans into campervans and these conversions require you to get campervan insurance in the same way you would if bought as a campervan in the first place.

Whatever your vintage model, we provide the same coverage for all campervans, as long as it’s roadworthy, and base the quote on the age of your vehicle. That means there’s no need for specialist insurance, just a fair price for all campervan owners.