Find your local agency office
Speak to your local agency office, who are on hand to offer face-to-face advice for all your farming needs.
If your farm is less than 50 hectares, generates up to £50,000 in farming income annually and meets additional acceptance criteria, then our Farm Essentials can provide the essential property and liability covers to meet your needs.
We can provide cover for:
- Farm Property - day-one reinstatement buildings cover up to £450,000 and contents cover up to £50,000 - including a 15% increase on property sums insured to combat inflation.
- Farming Stock - up to £50,000.
- Goods in Transit - up to £1,500 (includes sheets and ropes).
- Employers Liability - protection if your business is held responsible for accidental injury to your employees: up to £10 million.
- Public and Product Liability: protection if your business is held responsible for accidental injury to customers or the public, or for accidental damage to their property: up to £10 million.
- Environmental Liability - damages arising from your farming activities resulting in injury, environmental or biodiversity damage: up to £2 million.
Additional covers you can choose:
- Livestock - new cover for smaller livestock herds or flocks whilst on the land or in transit: up to £100,000 (excluding diseases).
- Business Interruption - loss of income following insured damage to your property: up to £50,000 annual income.
- Legal Expenses - cover against legal costs during a dispute: up to £250,000.
- Engineering Insurance - sudden and unforeseen damage to and breakdown of plant and machinery.
- Professional Expenses for Agricultural Land Tribunals - providing support, advice and cover during agricultural tenancy disputes: up to £20,000 as standard.
- Group Personal Accident: protection for you and your employees against the financial impact of death or injury following an accident (illness cover is also available).
This is not an exhaustive list. The cover you choose will depend on your circumstances and your local NFU Mutual agency office will take the time to understand your needs and explain the full details, including any limits and exclusions that may apply, to help ensure it‘s right for you.
Frequently asked questions
We understand that your agricultural vehicles are what keep you on the move. You can insure quad bikes up to the value of £5,000 under Farm Essentials. However, for more specialist cover you can talk to your agency office about our Agricultural Vehicle Insurance.